Pico 4 Channel Starter Kit w/Box #PP921
Scan tool or scope?
We are often asked “Should I buy a scan tool or a scope”. The short answer is that you need both. A scan tool can often point you in the right direction, perhaps indicating a misfire on a specific cylinder but too often the less experienced technician then ends replacing several parts before the problem is solved. Oscilloscopes should be used:
- To eliminate guesswork and test individual components before they are replaced. This avoids “parts darts” where more and more parts are replaced until the fault goes away.
- To find intermittent wiring and connector faults.
- When a vehicle has a problem but no code has been set or when multiple / misleading codes have been set
- As the best way to find charging and starting problems.
- To find problems with actuators such as motors and injectors that are not monitored by the ECU.
- To identify mechanical problems such as compression and slipped / incorrectly fitted timing belts.
For the technician oscilloscopes lead to faster, more efficient diagnostics and a better understanding of how vehicle systems work. For the workshop using a PicoScope encourages a “fix it right” culture by reducing the number of parts changed on guesswork. The net result is improved customer satisfaction, increased repeat business and increased profits.
Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/autoaide/public_html/autotesttools.com/wp-content/themes/autotesttools/woocommerce/single-product/meta.php on line 17
A PicoScope (sometimes known as a labscope) turns your laptop or desktop PC into a powerful diagnostic tool. Think of it as the X-ray machine of diagnostics, letting you see the changing signals inside wires. You can purchase a PicoScope on its own, but most people purchase one of our award winning Automotive Diagnostics Kits. These money-saving kits contain everything you need – just add a PC.
|Dimensions||40 × 20 × 15 cm|