Accessories, Test Leads and Adapters
Pierces 24ga to 18ga wire.
Connects to test leads with both female banana sockets and male banana plugs.
Extender adds 1-1/4″ to the length of the probe.
* Overall Length: 7-1/2″
* Overall Length with extender: 9-1/4″
* Material: Glass filled nylon
* Needle: High conductivity, gold plated brass (will not arc like stainless steel)
* Piercing Probe rated at 20 amps
* Piercing probe (7-1/2″ long)
* Extender (2-1/2″ long)
Each piercer is just over 5-1/2 inches long and is designed to make test connections to wires of varying sizes (.050 to .150 diam).
The pointed tip allows separation of dense wire groups and easy connection.
The point is retracted by a syringe-type operation
No more “pulling back” on the handle to penetrate insulation.
The unit is molded in durable nylon, impervious to cleaning solvents and most fuels.
Set includes one probe of each color: Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Black.
Rotate the red or black jack to move the piercing needle forward into the insulation.
Rotating jack will not twist test lead while the needle is being screwed into wire.
* Can handle wires from 0.030″ diameter through 0.180″ diameter insulation.
* Overall length = 4-inches
* High visibility bright yellow body.
* Spring loaded slider holds wire centered for piercing needle.
* Mates with any banana plug test leads including the AES ST3 Test Leads.
* Mates with pin tip probe test leads. (see images below)
* Materials consist of a Nylon body, hardened steel needle, brass socket.
* Operating Voltage: 30VAC or 60V DC Max.
* Current: 1 Ampere Max.
Set includes two probes: one red, one black.
These Probes will connect to test leads that terminate to Shrouded, Standard and Retractable banana plugs.
ST3 Test Leads are designed to withstand automotive environments:
– Shielded from tip-to-tip for maximum noise immunity
– Heat resistant
– Small enough to easily pass under hoods and through windows for road testing.
Each lead is constructed using quality shielded cable and connectors. They are insulation and resistance tested to ensure that they are of the highest possible quality. Each test lead features high quality BNC connectors or banana-plugs. The test end features shrouded banana plugs that allow the use of a wide variety of probes such as pin tips, alligators, back-pin probes, piercing probes and more.
The uSignalTap is a wire insulation piercing probe designed for minimum impact access to the wire conductor for electronic testing. The uSignalTap features a 4 mm banana socket ready to connect to your 4mm banana plug test leads with open banana plug or safety sheath! Needle operation is via an independent thumb screw that does not spin your connected test lead!