Accessories, Test Leads and Adapters
The breakout leads are available with 4 different sizes of connectors: 0.6 mm, 1.5 mm, 2.3 mm and 2.8 mm.
They allow an oscilloscope to to connect to variety of components in the engine compartment, without having to strip or pierce any insulation and with no risk of damage to connectors. Each lead has 6 blades wired to 6 sockets, allowing you to insert it between a plug and socket pair, other ends are 6 “banana” (4 mm) sockets.
With these 6-way leads, you will be able to test most of the sensors and actuators on all makes and models of vehicle, including MAP, temperature, throttle position and airflow sensors, fuel pumps, primary ignition circuits and fuel injectors.
This uTest Advanced Terminal Test Kit is the perfect companion for your lab scope and meter.
Includes Fuse Amp Loops with large loops and flexible wire for ease of connection and placement.
It includes 118 essential and common adapters, probes, and terminals that connect to a wide variety of sensors, actuators and circuits. Use with your lab scope or DMM. Use for terminal drag testing too.
A soft-sided carrying case keeps everything organized.
Specifications for variable resistor in kit: 10KΩ
We call it the AES LineSpi SMART BOB.
The AES LineSpi SMART BOB is a pass-through breakout box for the OBDII DLC (diagnostic link connector).
It’s a DLC magnifier: makes the DLC 5-times larger.
It’s a DLC extender: puts the DLC where you need it.
It’s a spy: exposes the activity on each OBD-II dedicated dataline.
Yes, you still have to locate the vehicle’s DLC and attach the LineSPI SMART BOB but after that everything is so much easier:
Coil On Plug (COP) and Signal Probe
The TA204 COP and signal probe from Pico Technology is the easiest and fastest non-intrusive way to check coil-on-plug ignition coils and spark plugs.
- Find misfires fast
- Displays scope patterns of the secondary, faster than scoping the primary
- Works on all automotive scopes capable of displaying ignition patterns
- Can also be used to investigate injectors and other inductive actuators
- Flexible design allows for easier access to hard-to-reach components
- No batteries required
Like distributors, spark plug wires are starting to disappear from cars. With the new COP ignition systems the ignition coils are connected directly to the spark plugs — eliminating the need for the spark plug wires. With no high-voltage spark wires, a COP probe is required to be able to pick up the secondary ignition waveform.
As standard the TA204 COP probe is supplied as a kit (PP357) complete with the TA033 BNC to BNC cable in order to connect to your automotive
How does it work?
The coil–on–plug and signal probe works with most COP systems; it requires no special adaptors, no foil strips, and no batteries. The Pico coil-on-plug and signal probe eliminates the need for back-probing: to use the probe simply press the probe against the coil.
Along with testing COP systems, the coil-on-plug and signal probe can also be used to obtain many other signals, including a secondary ignition waveform on conventional ignition systems.
Designed to save you time, effort and money, the coil-on-plug and signal probe is the fastest way to test both conventional coil-on-plug secondary ignition systems.
Easily scope COP and DIS ignition systems using the AES COP Secondary Paddle Lead (Capacitive).
This rugged 10-foot long, capacitive secondary lead includes a flexible yet sensitive ‘paddle’ that picks up the secondary signal from any COP system on the road today. The thin ‘paddle’ gets into tight spots that no bulky probe can.
- Seven decade ranges of resistance
- Values can be set in 1Ω increments
- Case may be grounded separately
- Three binding posts permit isolated substitutions
- Can be substituted into a circuit and function in the place of any component with a standard value
- Can be used to identify the best value for circuit operation then read that value from the switches
- New safer, healthier technology. Uses no heat to create high visibility smoke
- Using 0.5psi pressure control, Cool Smoke has the
highest flow rate of any smoke machine
- Instant, high performance vapor enriched with UV dye
- Ready for future EVAP Systems
- Rugged housing and built-in adapter storage
- Uses 12 volt DC with only 1 amp draw rate