Accessories, Test Leads and Adapters
Easily scope COP and DIS ignition systems using the AES COP Secondary Paddle Lead (Capacitive).
This rugged 10-foot long, capacitive secondary lead includes a flexible yet sensitive ‘paddle’ that picks up the secondary signal from any COP system on the road today. The thin ‘paddle’ gets into tight spots that no bulky probe can.
The breakout leads are available with 4 different sizes of connectors: 0.6 mm, 1.5 mm, 2.3 mm and 2.8 mm.
They allow an oscilloscope to to connect to variety of components in the engine compartment, without having to strip or pierce any insulation and with no risk of damage to connectors. Each lead has 6 blades wired to 6 sockets, allowing you to insert it between a plug and socket pair, other ends are 6 “banana” (4 mm) sockets.
With these 6-way leads, you will be able to test most of the sensors and actuators on all makes and models of vehicle, including MAP, temperature, throttle position and airflow sensors, fuel pumps, primary ignition circuits and fuel injectors.
The coil-on-plug (COP) and signal probe from Pico Technology is the fastest way to check coil-on-plug ignition coils and spark plugs.
- Find misfires fast
- Displays scope patterns of the secondary, faster than scoping the primary
- Works on all automotive scopes capable of displaying ignition patterns
- Can also be used to investigate injectors and other inductive actuators
- Flexible design allows for easier access to hard-to-reach components
- No batteries required
- Seven decade ranges of resistance
- Values can be set in 1Ω increments
- Case may be grounded separately
- Three binding posts permit isolated substitutions
- Can be substituted into a circuit and function in the place of any component with a standard value
- Can be used to identify the best value for circuit operation then read that value from the switches
What is a VSI-2534:
It’s a J2534 pass through used in the automotive industry to flash car computers. Unlike many other ECU reprogramming tools, the VSI-2534 is also an engine code reader and ECU reprogrammer packaged in a single tool.
The VSI J2534 programmer has the automotive reprogramming tools required by technicians to reflash engines, provide J2534 airbag reflashing and many other capabilities.
This flash all makes reprogrammer is the J2534 pass through device of choice for technicians around the world. Use the VSI J2534 interface on your next reprogramming or diagnostic session to reflash ECU’s or read DTC’s